Sunday, August 5, 2012

Three little kittens who stole my heart.

Spot, Whitey and Casper

Learning to play


Two weeks ago, three kittens entered my heart,  My son, Aaron, found them on his new property in an old log.  It was a very hot 100 degree day and they were sleeping.  We soon found out the the neighbor's barn cat gave birth on the other neighbor's property but the moma cat moved the kittens to Aaron's property.  But soon the neighbor, who housed the barn cat moma, decided that she was mean and shot and killed her.  My heart broke.  I swepted them up, put them in a box, gave them water and took them home to see if I could save them.  Two weeks later, after feeding them with a dropper, teaching them to suck on a bottle, I am glad to announce that they are alive and happy.  Of course, they miss there mommy, but I am doing the best I can.  And they are growing,  Their eyes are open bright, Whitey has saphire blue eyes.  Their ears are perky and their nails are sharp.  They are certainly a handful especially when they wake up at 6:00am to eat.  Now they are climbing out of the box and starting to use the litter box that is within their sleeping area.  My DH and I are falling in love.  I hope after 2-3 more weeks, I will be able to give them away.  We have two other cats, who do not tolerate the kittens at all. 

No comments: