Sunday, December 1, 2013

"Danger"

I have been working a some fun fiber art.  The 1st is my deer picture called 'Danger'. The challenge of my Fiber Art Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/237798473026812/ was picking a thread color out of a bag, I got a grey blue color thread.   I didn't have any grey blue fabric in my stash so I went to the quilt store and picked 5 blue grey colors, light to dark.  Of course, I fell in love with the Batiks.  They were pricey but it was well worth it.  It really turned out great.  This is the beginning set up.  I used a pattern for the deer at Bernina's We all Sew (Luke Haynes) website. http://weallsew.com/2013/09/23/deer-quilt-sew-along-with-luke-haynes-week-one/  After I placed the deer, danger seemed to be lurking around every winter dark corner.  Run Deer Run.  The wolves are hungry.  
Here is the finished quilt 
2013-11-13 16.20.17.jpg
I have been working on getting my pictures from phone to dropbox to my blog and this is how I have to do it?  I am stilling working on getting it from my phone to my blog directly.  This is becoming so confusing and if I die will anyone know where all the pictures are?    If anyone can give me any ideas on how to make this easier, please let me know.  maybe I will just have to go back to my phone and it's little chip.  It was much easier.
I also made my mother who is 89 and has Alzheimer's.  She loves matching shirts with her jackets because she is always cold.  We use to be able to purchase them in Shipsewana, Ind.  But I can't find where to purchase them anymore except thru a catologue so I made her a set with snowflakes.  She loves her pockets for all her Kleenex.

No comments: