Thursday, June 24, 2010

Hennrietta, Harriet, Hannah, My Chickens


Well, I went and jumped into Suburban Farming with 3 Ameraucana Chickens.  Hennrietta, Harriet, & Hannah.  I love them.  So cute about 4 months old.  I learned so much this last 2 days.  1st-I can't build anything with crap.  This was all in my garage as I want to recycle, except the chicken wire.  So this will be temporary until I can get the right tools and materials.  This was made with bed slats, left over plywood and leftover wheels.  I wanted to be able to move it all over yard, but I'm now changing my mind.  My dog Cleo, hates chickens and I'm not sure China, my cat likes them either or should I say She does- wants to kill them.  Emma, my granddaughter, announced that she is allergic to chicken's, so she doesn't want to touch them.  Her mother told her so.  My husband and youngest son are so mad at me, but oh well.  It is the first thing they look at in the backyard when they come home.  My chickens are not friendly yet, so I am working on that.  I will keep you posted as to when they lay eggs.  Blue, I hope. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Enjoy your working, enjoy your life.


nike shox r4