Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Nuno Felting With Annie Lawrence

I took a fantastic class with Annie Lawrence and the  Perrysburg Arts Council in Ohio at the 577 Foundation, Perrysburg, Ohio.  I'm the one frowning.  It was 90 degrees and we were working with wool.  It was very tedious as it took us all day to make one scarf.  Nuno Felting is incorporation wool fibers into Silk material.  Lots of soap, water and roll, roll, rolling technique.  After the 1st day, I swore I would not do it again.  But like any artist, I worked my butt off again the next day making another scarf, but stopped at 1:00 to jump into a swimming pool.  I do love the results.  If you ever meet a Fiber Nuno Felting Artist at an Art Fair, Please remeber it took them all day to make one scarf/bag/belt/purse/cloth/jacket.  It will be well worth the price they ask for it!  One of a Kind!  OOAK!These are the 1st day's drying scarves. And this is Annie!.

"Do you like the results? asks Annie.
A wonderful wall hanging, I think I will make!
Designing, Deciding and Delighted!What a wonderful day at 577 Foundation.  We are so blessed to have this beautiful facility and fantastic people who organized this and other fiber classes on this weekend.  (Perrysburg Arts Council)

3 comments:

Honey Lamb and I said...

Glad you found me so that I can find you. Totally digging the felting, dying, and chickens! Putting you on the blog roll so I can keep up whit ya:) ~Shelley O.

the lil elf's mama said...

Oh ma it looks beautiful ... love your scarf... keep up the good work xoxo...

Unknown said...

I love your scarf, i love your work.


cheap mbt footwear