Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Back from the hospital bed!

This is one of my adventures that is not a nice one!  I got kicked in the stomach by the food poisioning called  "Campylobacteriosis".  And I wasn't even camping.  Eating a pre-processed turkey breast cooked in the crockpot at home.  It started on July 14th evening, ( I will save your from the nasty details, to say the least, it wasn't pretty)  I reached 202.8 on the thermometer that night with cramping & etc.  I went to doctors the next day, after that, I went to lab, I ended up deathly dehydrated, very low potassium count, eratic heartbeat in the hospital ER on Sat, July 17.  To say the least I couldn't even lift my head.  On July 18th, test results came back, so an antibiodic was finally given.  I have lost 10lbs. Finally, today, July 20th, I got out of bed, but just to get more blood work done to make sure potassium levels have risen.  I am finally feeling much better, but now I am afraid to eat anything.  But I'm still not hungry, but I'm having yogurt, melon, scrambled eggs, toast and lots of GatorAid. 
I know I am not the first that has had this, but it threw me for a loop de loop!
    PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, review all cautionary information about keeping your area clean where      you are cooking, checking all expiration dates on the products and throw them away, Wash your hands and all your food, including fruits and vegtables.     Don't get lazy, this bacterial can kill in someone not healthy to begin with, the elderly or the young. 

"Campylobacteriosis: Disease caused by Campylobacter jejuni, now the leading cause of bacterial food poisoning, most often spread by contact with raw or undercooked poultry. A single drop of juice from a contaminated chicken is enough to make someone sick with Campylobacteriosis.
Campylobacteriosis usually strikes only one person or a few people at a time. A common way to become infected is to cut poultry meat on a cutting board, and then use the unwashed cutting board or utensil to prepare vegetables or other raw or lightly cooked foods. The Campylobacter organisms from the raw meat can then spread to the other foods. The organism is not usually spread from person to person, but this can happen if the infected person is a small child or is producing a large volume of diarrhea." From http://www.emedicinhealth.com/   


i heart fiber art      

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In such hot summer, we should clean everything, including clothes, tool, kitchen,and food.then we can keep a health life.
Thank you.

ed hardy hoodies