Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Feeling Better all the time

Well, the Health Department called.  The hospital reported my condition and they want to see if their is other people who have come down with this food poisioning.  After an hour interview on the phone, they feel I did not get it from the cooked turkey breast that was out dated.  Either I contacted it from swimming in a lake infected with the bacteria, or my cat ate a bird who was infected and I cleaned the cat box, or my feeling was my chickens who might be infected.  (I did not tell them I had chickens)  But birds of all kinds, ducks, geese, chickens, turkeys carry the bacteria, sometime it affects them sometimes not, and it is in their waste.  So after discussing this with my sister, who raises chickens and have never gotten sick, and after speaking with the farm I purchased the chickens from, I gave the chickens back to them, who will seperate them for observation, and take a sample from them the the University of Bowling Green to have them checked for the bacteria. 
I am sad without my chickens, but I do not want any of my grandchildren getting this bateria. 
I am back to creating a dress for Emma, fixing a groom's mothers dress for their wedding this weekend, blogging and doing a lot of yard work and expanding my small patio.  So things are back to normal, whaterever normal is. 

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I'm sorry you were sick. I've had food poisoning-no fun at all! We have chickens, but they are not pets, and DH takes care of them.
Thanks for commenting on my blog.